Monday, January 30, 2006

Pot Smoked Roast Beef

I decided to break out of the mold and try some Beef on the PS. It's a bit of unfamiliar territory for me, at least on the smoker. I made a simple rub equal parts; salt, black pepper, celery seed, and garlic salt.


Here it is sprinkled with the seasoning and ready to go on the grill. I usually really cake my rubs on heavy for the Boston Butts but Beef is a different critter all together, it needs much less seasoning and does'nt have as much fat as Pork does.


Here's a shot into the smoker. I accidentaly bought Mesquite charcoal instead of the usual Hickory. So I was surely going out on a limb with it, I also used a bit of Oak that I had, some left over Hickory chunks, and My neighbor Henrietta asked me if I would clear some big limbs of Pecan wood out of her yard. So Pecan was used heavily in this smoke.


Here we are just getting on the grill, one solid chunk of Beef. I'd probably cook more Beef if it were'nt higher than a cat's back.




Smokin' away. The Pot Smoker is a thing of beauty.




The final product, a bit more medium to well done than I would have liked but I have to please the crowd and that's the way she likes it.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
glad to see you are posting on your site again--always fun to see what's cookin' in the ATL.
not so fun to know we can't have any--but i will eat some domilise's for you-love-a

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home